Although the presentation was postponed a week due to snowy/icy weather, we had a great turnout on March 6. Jenn Schmidt and Jess Brown presented on the Vancouver Watershed Health Assessment, focusing on their Burnt Bridge Creek monitoring data and use of GIS based statistical analysis to determine trends. A link to their Vancouver Watershed Health Assessment presentation is below.
Yacoub presented on the potential future of FEMA flood mapping, using 2D HEC-RAS to map probability of flooding at a parcel scale. A great presentation, thanks Yacoub!
Link to the presentation below:
EWRG helped sponser this event at PSU reflecting on the history surrounding the Vanport Flood disaster, 70 years later.
▪ Dr. Scott Burns, Professor Emeritus, PSU Geology
▪ Lumas Helaire, Ph.D. Student, PSU Civil & Env. Engr.
▪ Colin Rowan, Program Manager, Multnomah County Drainage District
▪ Ed Washington, Community Liaison for Diversity Initiatives, Global Diversity & Inclusion, PSU Presidents Office
▪ Dr. Melissa Haeffner, Assistant Professor, PSU Env. Sci. and Mgmt.
▪ Christina Appleby, Geohazards Analyst, DOGAMI
▪ Dr. Jim O’Connor, Research Geologist, USGS
▪ Dr. David Jay, Professor, PSU Civil & Env. Engr.